Is that a wiki in your Pocket? -
Thanks to Will Kelly who mentioned our WikiTouch product in his recent post
We’ve just submitted the new WikiTouch 1.7 release to the app store.
We’ve added a bunch of cool new features such as:
WikiTouch 1.4 new release approved by Apple -
WikiTouch web UI screenshots -
Want to know more about how WikiTouch looks like using a standard web browser? Check this presentation.
WikiTouch makes it easy to synchronize personal content between your iPhone and your computers. Here is how it works:
1. You don’t need to install any additional software on your computer, as WikiTouch support standard web browsers running on Mac, Windows and Linux.
2. You can choose to create, edit or delete a note from your iPhone, and after synchronization your updates will appear on your computer’s web browser. Here is how to synchronize your notes from your iPhone.
3. If you prefer, you can also create, edit or delete a note from your web browser by just visiting http://wikitouch.com and after synchronization your updates will appear on your iPhone. You can have a full access to your wiki from your web browser, including attaching photos, videos and document files to your notes.
4. Synchronization is done over the Internet and works using any wifi or 3G network. Unlike other products, WikiTouch is not restricted to sync over your local area network, you can sync notes between your iPhone and your work computer remotely.
5. Synchronization is done using our WikiTouch Tracker Server which is running in the Internet Cloud. Our server acts as an Internet cache in order to store and relay your personal data between your iPhone and your computer.
6. You can synchronize your personal wiki between multiple computers, with no limitation, as data transit via our Tracker Server.
WikiTouch - How to share notes with friends -
Watch how to use our latest WikiTouch feature and learn how to share notes with friends and how to invite them to attend easily to one of your live wiki session. Remember, WikiTouch is your personal wiki for iPhone and also a great solution for collaborative working sessions.
How to use WikiTouch from a Web Browser -
Watch how to manage your notes using WikiTouch from your iPhone and from your Web Browser, where notes are synchronized over the Internet using our cloud based WikiTouch Tracker Server. Our nice web interface will mimic your WikiTouch app on iPhone.
How to edit text with WikiTouch -
Check out this presentation and learn how to create or edit a note, add text, embed a link to another note, add link to a web site, to an online photo album, to a document, to photos and videos.
You’ll see how to use our simple markup syntax to create great note rendering.
Once you’ll master this simple syntax, WikiTouch will become quickly your favorite note-taking and personal wiki application.
The great thing about WikiTouch, our advanced note-taking and personal wiki application for iPhone, is the capability to manage your notes and your personal content from your computer (home or office).
No additional software is required as WikiTouch also works from any standard web browser.
Here is the list of supported web browsers with WikiTouch 1.1:
- Safari 4.x
- Firefox 3.x
- Opera 10.x
- Chrome 4.x
- Chromium/Iron (Chrome open source project) on USB key
Note: WikiTouch does not support yet Internet Explorer due to some IE issue with regards of css implementation. We are working on it and support for IE should be ready soon.
iphone personal wiki blog -
Here is a great blog mentioning WikiTouch. This is still work in progress but requirements for a personal wiki app on iphone are quite clear. This is usefull information for everybody looking for simple features in they day to day note taking operation.
WikiTouch 1.1 is available from the app store -
WikiTouch 1.1 has been approved by Apple and is now available for download from the app store.
- add support for video attachment from camcorder and library.
- Edit view improvement to add link or attach files into notes
- Automatic shared files upload to our Internet server to share personal content with friends and co-workers.
Collaborative Note Taking 101 -
Please, have a look to this recent study about collaborative note taking. WikiTouch is mentioned here and it’s nice to see our product beside another good product such as Evernote. Keep in mind that WikiTouch can add links between notes so that you can organize your personal content the way you want.
This WikiTouch product is amazing! It has made my life and work so much easier.
As WikiTouch notes are critical piece of personal information for you, we’ve added a simple Backup procedure.
We do recommend to follow these steps at least once a week, to make sure you’ll save your complete personal wiki in a safe location, such as on your home hard drive.
Go to More > Export
Wait until this “Export process done” message
Go to Files. This xml file is your export output file.
Select wikitouch-backup.xml file
Select the email icon from the bottom bar. This will open the email client. Send this email to one of your personal email adress, you’ll receive your wikitouch backup file attached. Store it safely.
If, for any reason you need to recover your notes, please send us this backup file by email to email@example.com